Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 Hints & Tips
From NFSUnlimited.net Need for Speed Wiki
Revision as of 01:50, 25 May 2008 by GT3x24x7
These official tips appear during loading screens.
- Hone your driving skills in single player modes, then try some human competition over the internet.
- Earn medals in the Hot Pursuit or Championship event trees to earn bonus NFS points.
- Drive unlocked tracks in Free Run to find all of the shortcuts to help you in more difficult events.
- Try to spin out aggressive cops by slamming into their back side panels.
- In Be the Cop mode, if you hit a speeder hard enough, you can bust him with one hit.
- Cut corners in the windy sections of track to drive the fastest line.
- In Be the Cop mode, the look back camera is a great way to quickly find a speeder you've passed. EA Tip: Try to run the cops into oncoming traffic to get away.
- The harder the difficulty setting, the more NFS points are earned in a race.
- In multiplayer games, sometimes it's better to observe for a race or two to check out the competition before jumping in.
- Don't hit the smoking barrels dropped by the helicopter or they'll explode and send you flying.
- Save your NFS points to buy the cars and tracks that appeal to you most.
- Different directions of a track offer a completely different experience. Try all 4 variations.
- In Be the Cop mode, learn the track to find the best places to use your available backup.
- The fastest car isn't always the best. Pick a car that has handling to suit the track you're racing.
- Working your way through the event trees is a great way to try out locked cars and tracks.
- Using a manual transmission is more difficult, but can yield better results if done properly. EA Tip: If you want to quickly get back into the race after wiping out, reset your car to get back into the center of the road.
- Not all alternate paths are shortcuts, but they can be useful in trying to lose the cops.
- Use the hand brake to throw the back end of your car around a tight turn.
(work in progress)